Re: [ovSAGE Regulars] Reminder: June meeting - Thursday, June 21, 2012

An interesting poser. Perhaps we should discuss it.

As a starting point, I think a third VM running a virtual sniffer on the virtual network would see the packets cross the virtual lan as long as it is connected to a virtual aggregation port on the virtual switch. Have the third VM act as a virtual gateway between two virtual lan segments would work as well, as we could see the virtual packets forwarding between the virtual interfaces. This would at least indicate that they exist for that state of reality.

As for your grandmother and an understandable explanation, perhaps some background on what she did for a living might provide some ability to phrase the concept in terms that she could build upon. Worst case, fall back on fairy tales or adventure stories. There are enough examples in there to hint at virtualization concepts.

It all sounds like it could provide for an interesting discussion.

Scott

--
Scott Murphy, CISSP
Owner & Consultant  | Arrow-Eye Consulting Inc.