June Meeting: 2022-06-16 @ 19:00 EDT

Topic: Homelab Revisited

This month I want to go over a lower power (not low power) home lab solution. I got my hands on a few small desktop PCs recently specifically because I was looking at building a dedicated in-house game server. The hardware easily meets the specs for the game and since it is somewhat overkill in a couple of areas I wondered if it would make a good ProxMox cluster, so I ordered a few extra. Want my hardware to match and this does. It also draws considerable less power than my industrial computers.

Of course, this assumes that I get it all up and running before the meeting. Worst case, I don’t have it mounted in the designated location, but it has been assembled and is operational.

--
Scott Murphy
scott [ dot ] murphy [ at ] arrow-eye [ dot ] com <mailto:scott [ dot ] murphy [ at ] arrow-eye [ dot ] com>

message navigation