If you want to get Podman running...

Since we talked about it last night (March meeting), this would be the way to do it for most of the popular stuff. In a nod to Tug (even though he is not in this group), I included Gentoo. Anybody who goes that route deserves their fate :D

Under Mint 20:

echo "deb https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/kubic:/libcontainers:/stable/xUbuntu_20.04/ /" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devel:kubic:libcontainers:stable.list
curl -L "https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/kubic:/libcontainers:/stable/xUbuntu_20.04/Release.key"; | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y upgrade
sudo apt-get -y install podman
Ubuntu 20.10:

sudo apt-get -y update
sudo apt-get -y install podman

RHEL 8

sudo yum module enable -y container-tools:rhel8
sudo yum module install -y container-tools:rhel8
RHEL 7

sudo subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-extras-rpms
sudo yum -y install podman
Arch:

sudo pacman -S podman
CentOS:

sudo yum -y install podman
Debian (intel or arm) or Raspberry Pi (arm64):

sudo apt-get -y install podman
Fedora:

sudo dnf -y install podman
OpenSUSE