June Meeting

We will be doing a gentle introduction to Git, as it seems there is a poor understanding of the whole process.

If you feel up to it, you should create a github account (or gitlab) prior to the meeting. While not fully necessary, it will make the entire process smoother and make it easier to see what you are doing.

If you are on a windows platform, I'd suggest you get a copy of mobaxterm and install it first. If you are on macOS, you should get the git cli installed (assuming home-brew, brew install git). If you are on linux, they use your package manager to install git.

We will be doing a little bit of command line stuff as well as GUI stuff. While I can have a git server set up, I happen to like the entire eco-system provided by gitlab or github. Once we cover the basics, I'll go over installing a lightweight version that is not as feature rich, but is incredibly easy to install.