[ovSAGE Regulars] June Meeting: Tonight (2016-06-16)

I forgot to update the site and send an email.

Today is the third Thursday of the month and by an amazing coincidence, there is a meeting tonight.

The topic for tonight is web scraping. There will be an interactive portion, so if you want to play along, you will need a version of python that is 2.7 or greater (I’m not using 3, but it will probably work as well) and a couple of modules. They are beautiful soup 4 and requests. There will be an internet connection, so as long as you have the basics, this will work. This will work on Windows, OSX, linux, freebsd and probably anything that allows for a command line and python.

message navigation