[ovSAGE Regulars] Time for a new firmware...

Kelly pointed this out to me. I've been immersed in other things and haven't been reading.

http://boingboing.net/2012/07/03/cisco-locks-customers-out-of-t.html

As a result, I think it's time for a topic on "alternate firmware for consumer routers". I typically burn DD-WRT onto devices I maintain, however Tomato and OpenWRT are also viable choices. Once you go to a repurposed appliance such as a nokia IP330 or watchguard device, m0n0wall, pfsense, and SmoothWall become better options.

There are embedded platforms for this as well - the PCEngines and Soekris products come to mind.

Anybody have an alternative product/platform/firmware they use?

Cheers,
Scott