[ovSAGE Regulars] of interest to those with android devices...

  • Subject: [ovSAGE Regulars] of interest to those with android devices...
  • From: Murphy Scott <scott5 [ at ] ovsage [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:34:03 -0500
I ran across this a couple of days ago and wanted to share, if you use cloud storage for anything that is.

http://gizmodo.com/5887764/

The gist is that you sign up for an account at box.com and download the box android applet. You get 5GB of storage for signing up and 50 GB of storage for getting their app (before March 23). I haven't tried it, as I don't have an android device (yet), however my playbook is supposed to be able to run android applications, so I'll try it myself. I fond these services a great place to drop files for clients, as you can set up a share that you invite them to and can drop files for them. Of course, you need to have some level of trust with the storage provider as well. Encryption is still your best friend.

Cheers,
Scott