[ovSAGE Regulars] September Meeting - Sept 23, 2010 (Not tonight!)

  • Subject: [ovSAGE Regulars] September Meeting - Sept 23, 2010 (Not tonight!)
  • From: Scott Murphy <scott5 [ at ] ovsage [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:03:56 -0400
 Just a reminder of next week's meeting.

We are having a short presentation on ethical hacking concentrating on
Linux by Jeff Green, founder of group51.org.

    One of the key objectives of the website is a proof of concept. We
    take systems we find in peoples garbage and insert them into a cloud
    computing environment connected through an open source intranet. We
    want to be the most powerful garbage pile in the world. At the same
    time we have a number of other projects all linked where we create a
    "playground" for people to learn on real equipment and for students
    to polish their resume with real world experience. People can
    administer various applications and
    services that are found in the enterprise environment. 95% of what
    we do is Linux based.

    The presentation will concentrate on which linux tools they use to
    make our intranet and the services required to function. Some key
    areas: virtualization, bind, apache, sql, squid, nagios, firewalls,
    and IPS's, VPN, ssh and various command line tools such as PB&J etc.

    The 170+ members are mainly in Canada with members are far away as
    India. We are based in Ottawa.

Should be interesting. Depending on the content, time and questions,
this may be the whole evening or we may get started on other things as
well. Questions on the email server setup will also be entertained.

Scott